my daddy and i just had a really big fight and i feel absolutely awful. i want to apologize so so much, but the thing is that i’ve never been good at expressing my thoughts and feelings. whenever i try to tell him how i feel on a certain subject my words get jumbled up and i end up sounding like an idiot. can you help me figure out how to express my apology to him without having to verbalize my feelings? ~ Kitty
Fights are the absolute worst. The one thing i hate most in the world is disappointing my Daddy. His number one pet peeve is being interrupted. i grew up in a house where, if you didn’t interrupt, you would never be heard. i try so hard every day to break that habit and be respectful, but i fail… a lot (i am sorry Daddy). i am also the least confrontational person you will meet; so when fights happen, i get really scared and say a ton of things that i don’t mean. It is really hard to change, but Daddy is helping me. i mean, that’s His job! Just like it’s your Daddy’s job to teach you and help you to be better.
If you are afraid to talk to Him because you feel ashamed of what you did or said; trust me, we have all been there. It is very important that you learn to communicate with your Daddy. Here are a few ideas on how to apologize without having to talk… much.
- Write Him a letter, explaining how sorry you are
- Bake Him a cake, and write “i’m sorry” in frosting
- Send Him flowers with an apology note
- Write your apology in washable crayon on the bathroom mirror
- Write “i am sorry” on a TON of sticky notes, and hide them all over the house
- Give Him your favorite stuffie, with a note that say’s He can keep it until you are forgiven
- Make His favorite breakfast in bed with an apology note
- Have lotions and candles set up when He comes home, and give Him an “apology” massage
It is important to admit when you are wrong, so that you can grow from your mistake. Daddies are not perfect, and they do not expect Their little to be perfect either. His job is to train you, and if you were perfect, He wouldn’t really have a job anymore. He thrives on nurturing and training you into an intelligent, polite, little girl; who aches to please her Daddy. It is often worth facing Him and apologizing in words, so that He can see in your body language how much you truly mean it. Plus, i bet He will be so proud of you for coming forward that He will hug you super duper tight, and forgive you. That’s my experience, anyways. It shows respect being “big” enough to say, “i am sorry Daddy for ______.”
5 Ways To Say I’m Sorry And Show Them That You Mean It
1. Hug. It’s hard to stay mad when you hug someone. Physical touch can bridge the widest of emotional distances.
2. Write or find a poem showing how you feel about the other person outside of this situation. Keep it simple, give the poem to the person you wronged, and say, “I’m sorry. I know that might not be good enough right now and I’ve struggled to find the right words beyond I’m sorry. I found this poem with better words than I could ever write to tell you how important you are to me. Please accept my apology when you feel better.”
3. Give the person a list of the top 5 reasons they are important to you. Add a note at the end explaining, “I told myself a long time ago to remember these 5 amazing things that make you special to me. I let you down and I let myself down when I forgot those today. Please forgive me. I can’t imagine missing even one moment because I chose to use the wrong words, did the wrong thing and hurt you.”
4. Create an online collage of 10 photos of amazing places you’ve been together or fun experiences you’ve shared. Add a message to the gift, such as, “Nothing is more important than the magical moments you’ve given my life. My 8-year old inner child forgot that today and I’m sorry.”
5. Make a donation to the other person’s favorite charity. Get a receipt of the donation, hand it to the other person and apologize by saying, “I’m sorry. I know better than anyone that actions speak louder than words, but that words hurt. I honor you, I value you and I want to [be] better for us. I started today by putting you first and contributing to a cause near and dear to your heart. Because I know who you are, what you stand for and all I want to do is love and support you – I’m sorry I forgot this today. I hope you accept my apology and see this action as my attempt to move us back in the right direction.
Daddy Dom readers, what kind of apology do You prefer? little readers, what are some ways that you have apologized for big mistakes or fights? Please leave your comments below! xoxo