I have a very lovely kitten of mine, the only thing is that our dd/lg relationship is an online one. Everything seems to be going well, we do fun stuff like color and send the pictures to each other, but i really don’t know what else i can do with her and have it be real. We cant take walks together and i mean yes we do cuddle but its not the real thing we have to use asterisks. I was wondering if you had any tips on making this relationship seem like we aren’t limited by distance. I tuck her in at night and we give each other kisses and we cuddle, i just don’t know how to make it better for my princess. Thank you so much!! ~ Daddy Henry
Distance is one of those things that nothing can really change, except eliminating it all together. We get questions from LDR couple’s all the time asking this same question. How to keep the distance from making us distant. Couples who want, so desperately, to feel close; when they are so far apart. That is when i say “get creative!” Find clever ways to intersect each other into your daily lives. Set goals and dreams together. If there is no possible way for you to be close to each other right now, you can set a goal for when you can. When couples set goals and dreams that they can reach together, it keeps them going through the hard times, and bonds them in a mutual destination.
Ways to Stay Connected:
- Send letters
- Send postcards
- Send pictures
- Send small gifts
- Have flowers or candy delivered
- Visit each other
- Go on vacation together
Ways to Maintain the Dynamic:
- Set rules
- Set boundaries
- Set punishments
- Give her a daily goal chart
- Have her ask permission
- Be there for her with love
- Demand respect from her
- Keep her accountable
- Have access to her daily calendar
Dreams and Goals:
- When can we schedule a visit?
- When can we go on vacation together?
- When can we move closer to each other?
- When can we move in together?
- What do we want 1 month from now?
- What do we want 6 months from now?
- What do we want 1 year from now?
- What do we want 5 years from now?
Fun Thing’s to Do “Together”:
- Play an online game together
- Play 20 questions
- Talk about your past
- Talk about your fears
- Join a forum together
- Write a blog together
- Write as a guest author on our blog together
- Send each other funny pictures of things you see throughout the day
- Play “what if” together
- Watch the same TV show or movie together
- Read the same book together and schedule discussion around it
- Make a pillowcase with the others’ face on it!!!
i wish all the best to you and your little! i have never been in an LDR, but i can only imagine how hard it must be. If any of our readers have experienced an LDR, and have suggestions, please share in the comments below! i love reading what you guys have to say, and i am sure that Daddy Henry would appreciate any advice you have to offer!!!! Keep reading! xoxo